Immigration Services

Use Waivers To Advance Your Immigration Application

There are many types of waivers for immigration available to those seeking to come to California or extend their stays. Some of these include:

  • Stateside waiver: This waiver allows U.S. residents to apply for a green card without having to return to their country of origin to initiate the application.
  • Waiver after prior removal: If you have previously been deported, it is possible to waive the waiting period that normally passes before you can apply again for a visa.
  • Waiver of unlawful presence: If you are the parent or spouse of a U.S. citizen or legal permanent resident and can prove that your removal from the U.S. would cause significant hardship for your child or spouse, it is possible to seek a waiver for a history of unlawful presence in the U.S.
  • Waiver for crimes more than 15 years old: Applicants who have resided in the U.S. for at least seven years and have not been convicted of an aggravated felony in that time are eligible to have earlier crimes waived from their application.
  • Waiver of possession of marijuana: A simple marijuana possession charge does not have to derail your immigration plans.
  • Fraud waiver: Crossing into the U.S. using someone else’s green card, for instance, is a form of fraud that can be waived in some circumstances.

If your criminal record is interfering with your immigration case, we can help you seek to have certain crimes expunged from your record.

Apply For Waivers With An Experienced Immigration Lawyer’s Help

The attorneys at the Law Offices of Vivian N. Szawarc represent clients who have immigrated to the United States from all over the world, and our goal is to keep your life running smoothly for as long as you would like to remain in this country.

To see how we can help in your case, contact us online or call us at 888-666-8820 to schedule a free initial consultation in our Los Angeles office.