Immigration Services

Avoid Persecution In Your Country Of Origin

Some people in the U.S. have an urgent need to remain here in order to avoid violence or persecution in their country of origin — perhaps your country has been disrupted by war, or you are a member of a minority treated unfairly by the government or another party.

Such visitors have two options: asylum and Temporary Protected Status (TPS). For people from certain eligible countries it is possible to apply for both TPS and asylum at the same time — and both have their own strengths and weaknesses.

Apply for asylum: in order to pave the way toward lawful permanent residence in the United States, also known as a green card.

Apply for Temporary Protected Status: if you think your asylum case may be rejected, but you would still benefit from short-term permission to remain in the U.S. and you come from one of the following eligible countries:

  • Angola
  • Bosnia-Herzegovina
  • Burundi
  • El Salvador
  • Guinea
  • Guinea-Bissau
  • Haiti
  • Honduras
  • Kosovo province
  • Kuwait
  • Lebanon
  • Liberia
  • Montserrat
  • Nepal
  • Nicaragua
  • Rwanda
  • Sierra Leone
  • Somalia
  • South Sudan
  • Sudan
  • Syria
  • Yemen

The immigration attorneys at the Law Offices of Vivian N. Szawarc  will help you take advantage of every legal option to remain in California and avoid the risks you face in your country of origin.

Apply For TPS Or Asylum With An Experienced Immigration Lawyer

The Law Offices of Vivian N. Szawarc represents clients who have immigrated to the United States from all over the world, and our goal is to keep your life running smoothly for as long as you would like to remain in this country.

To see how we can help in your case, contact us online or call us at 888-666-8820 and schedule a free initial consultation in our Los Angeles office.