Suzanne is an experienced U.S. immigration attorney and she has been a member of the American Immigration Lawyers Association since 1997. She has been representing individuals and companies in U.S. immigration matters for close to 20 years. Her professional background includes obtaining temporary and permanent visas for executives, managers, entrepreneurs, engineers, scientists, researchers, professors, IT personnel as well as other professionals. Ms. Granja also handles immigrant petitions in the national interest waiver category for engineers in the telecommunications and wireless industries as well as electrical engineers involved in wireless sensor monitoring, robotics, smart grid research, mechanical engineers, chemists, medical scientists and post-doctoral researchers working in bioinformatics, molecular plant pathology, cancer research, research in heart disease and molecular genetics. She also handles family immigration matters including green card applications for spouses and family members, I-751 petitions, and naturalization petitions.
Ms. Granja is a published author of immigration related articles for the Scientist magazine and human resources publications. She has been interviewed for German World magazine and Data Center Management Magazine regarding immigration issues.
Ms. Granja is a dual national of Ecuador and is fluent in Spanish. She also studied in Paris, France and is conversant in French. She has pursued study abroad programs in Barcelona, Spain and Mexico City, Mexico. She also lived and worked in the Netherlands.
- California, 1989
- University of San Diego School of Law, San Diego, California
- J.D. - 1986
- University of San Diego
- B.A. - 1980
- Honors: With Honors
- Major: International Relations and Spanish
Professional Associations and Memberships
- California Bar Association, Member, 1989
- American Immigration Lawyers Association (AILA) Member since 1998
- American Immigration Lawyers Association (AILA), San Diego Chapter – served as Chair of the Website Committee and a Member, Tijuana Consulate Committee
- American Immigration Lawyers Association, San Diego Chapter Secretary , 2002 to 2004
- Association of Women in Science Newsletter Committee , Member, 2002 to 2003
- Florida Bar Association, 1987
- North County Bar Association, 2017
Past Employment Positions
- Law Office of Suzanne Granja, Attorney, 2005 to 2019